The Aboriginal Circle of Educators is a network of Aboriginal educators
that provide opportunitites for healing the circle among all people
involved in the education of Aboriginal children.
The Aboriginal Circle of Educators is guided by the following
- Aboriginal Children are our future.
- The learning environment must reflect the needs of Aboriginal
children and their diverse backgrounds.
- Facilitators of learning for Aboriginal children demonstrate respect
in order to develop relationships and learning.
- Teachers of Aboriginal decent assume the right to be practitioners
of Aborigial education and leadership.
- To foster the development of culturally appropriate curriculum.
- To advocate for the total integration of Aboriginal perspecitves in
all areas of the curriculum.
- To provide opportunities for personal and professional development
in the areas of Aboriginal education.
- To encourage and support Aboriginal educators towards leadership
positions in the area of education.
- To provide opportunities to develop leadership skills in Aboriginal
- To liaise and promote positive relations in community members and
organizations who are involved in the education of Aboriginal children.